Universal Studios Hollywood, From Glamour Trams to Today's Studio Tour
March 25th, 2020
39 mins 47 secs
About this Episode
Learn about how "Laemmle's Folly," a dream of an immigrant and rebel movie mogul named Carl Laemmle for a city dedicated to the movies, became a reality with Universal Studios Hollywood. The studio tour of his creation, once merely a method of attracting audiences and publicity to Universal Films, transformed over time into a worldwide theme park empire with revenues in the billions. While most early film studios are now mainly fading celluloid and memories, Universal continues to grow in popularity, offering new generations of film lovers the chance to go behind the scenes of their favorite films.
- Pre-Order Our New Book! Fastpass to the Past: The Jr. Historian's Guide to Disneyland
- Discovering the History Behind Universal Studios Hollywood — Austin wrote an article about her Universal Studios Hollywood research!
- Fastpass to the Past: The Theme Park History Podcast Episode 5: Part 1: How Disney Stole An Entire Theme Park (JAWS & Universal Studios Orlando) — Like this episode? Learn more about how Universal started Universal Orlando.
- The Birth of the Universal Studios Tour | KCET
- The Chicken Ranch, Universal Studios Hollywood's Early Days
- 12 Things That Will Surprise You About Universal Studios Hollywood | Mental Floss
- The History of Universal’s House of Horrors | Inside Universal
- T-Shirts by Fastpass to the Past: The Theme Park History Podcast - TeePublic Store | TeePublic — Are you a theme park history expert? Show the world (world showcase that is) with these unique designs and t-shirts inspired by the Fastpass to the Past podcast.