Part 2: How Disney Stole An Entire Theme Park (JAWS & Universal Studios Orlando)
October 29th, 2017
27 mins 47 secs
About this Episode
In this two-part episode, Austin will discuss one of most innovative and expensive opening day attractions ever to grace a theme park map, Universal Orlando’s Jaws, and how it was the result of the one of theme park history’s darkest and yet most inspiring period – the “arms race for Orlando” between The Walt Disney Company and Universal Studios Hollywood in the 1970’s.
- Pre-Order Our New Book! Fastpass to the Past: The Jr. Historian's Guide to Disneyland
- Design: Just for Fun: Bob Gurr, Martin A. Sklar
- History of Universal Orlando
- Jaws - theStudioTour.com
- Jaws: The Ride - theStudioTour.com
- 1990 Universal Studios Florida - The ORIGINAL JAWS RIDE Training Video! - YouTube
- Jaws: How Universal’s Shark Ride Turned into a Real-Life Disaster | Theme Park Tourist
- JAWS: The Ride | Universal Studios ORLANDO
- The Last Ride Ever on Jaws at Universal Studios Orlando - YouTube
- T-Shirts by Fastpass to the Past: The Theme Park History Podcast - TeePublic Store | TeePublic — Are you a theme park history expert? Show the world (world showcase that is) with these unique designs and t-shirts inspired by the Fastpass to the Past podcast.