Shanghai Disneyland & Hong Kong Disneyland (Disney's China Parks)
February 26th, 2019
43 mins 38 secs
About this Episode
Learn about the first ever discussions for a Disneyland in China, which took place 17 years before the opening of Shanghai Disneyland back in 1998 in a political move linked forever with Disney titans, Michael Eisner and Bob Iger. In this episode, we'll also talk about why Disney choose to construct a massive theme park on the outskirts of Shanghai and what went into developing a Disney theme park that was 'distinctly chinese.'
- Pre-Order Our New Book! Fastpass to the Past: The Jr. Historian's Guide to Disneyland
- Is Shanghai Disneyland Worth A Visit? – Austin Carroll – Medium — Austin wrote an article about her visit to Shanghai Disneyland. Check it out for tips & tricks!
- DISNEY AND PARTNERS BREAK GROUND ON SHANGHAI DISNEY RESORT | Walt Disney World News
- Disney's new theme park in Shanghai may be the capstone to CEO Robert Iger's career - Los Angeles Times
- The Influence of the Disney Theme Park in Shanghai Related Industries
- How China Won the Keys to Disney’s Magic Kingdom - The New York Times
- MEDIA; After Protracted Talks, a Disneyland Will Rise in Hong Kong - The New York Times
- Shanghai Disney Resort Opening Coincides with Shanghai Film Festival | Hollywood Reporter
- Shanghai Disney Resort To Include ‘Star Wars’, Marvel & ‘Tron’ Attractions | Deadline
- Bob Iger: Shanghai Disney isn't just Disneyland in China
- Shanghai Disneyland project breaks ground at last - BBC News
- Shanghai Disney To Open 2015
- T-Shirts by Fastpass to the Past: The Theme Park History Podcast - TeePublic Store | TeePublic — Are you a theme park history expert? Show the world (world showcase that is) with these unique designs and t-shirts inspired by the Fastpass to the Past podcast.